
What once was a dream has now become a reality. 4 months ago Scott graduated from the Utah Valley State College Paramedic program, and just 10 months before that he became a certified Fire Fighter with the state of Utah. Now, after accomplishing his education, he has signed on with Orem Cites Fire/Paramedic department.
At the end of October Scott started his interview process, along with 25 or more other people wanting a job too. He first had to take a written test and a physical(like an obstacle course), which consisted of running around the fire station several times, drag a 200 pound dummy, climb latters, crawl through stuff, and more in just 15 min. I think Scott did it in like 10 or 12 min. so he passed with time to spare:) After passing that he moved into the next interview which was a personal interview. Orem told Scott that they would contact him the next day and let him know if he made it into the top 5. Well, he did...and just when we thought he had the job they made him do another elimination interview. A back ground check, lie detector test, psychological test, and another physical test...what more did they want? By this time Scott was getting a little bit tired of them yanking his arm. Finally they told him they would contact him in a few weeks to let him know if he got the job. Well, yesterday Scott received the phone call from Orem City and asked him if he would like a job; of course he accepted the offer!! So today he got fitted for his uniforms, and will start in a week. I am so proud of you hun and how hard you have worked to get this far! I know Heavenly Father has blessed us so we could be in this position in our lives for you to receive this call. I'm backing you up 100%. Way to go babe! You deserve it!
5 comments:
Congrats Scott! Who knew it was such a rigorous process to get hired on there? Hopefully if I ever get in a car accident or need emergency help it will be in Orem so you can help me!
YEAH SCOTTIE! Congrats that's so awesome. It's so nice when everything comes together. Have fun with your new job and hope to see you guys soon, it was sure a lot of fun at Thanksgiving!
Orem Fire was supposed to call me as part of his background check. They didn't. But it's too bad because I was going to tell them about Scott's and his buddies little mishap up Battlecreek Canyon.
WooooHooooo!! We are so proud of you Scott! You're going to be an awesome fireman! We love you!
Yipee! I knew you could do it, Scott. What a great way to serve mankind - and everyone loves a Fireman. No other career is so beloved. I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment