3.06.2009

An inside tip

Now that the cold winter is almost behind us and spring is on it's way my skin could really use some attention to make it glow this spring/summer. As an esthetician I'm always trying different products, here are some i really like that are price worthy and worth a shot.
I have dry skin and anyone with dry skin loves moisturizers! I recommend Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20. I love this product! It's everything it says it is. I use this like a foundation sometimes because it does have a tint to it so it looks like I've got a tan already while it keeps my face nice and moist...and it has a vitamin-infused retinal ingredient that helps with WRINKLES (the word we all hate)! Plus, it provides protection from the damaging sun with a 20 SPF! All that in one little bottle! If you're looking for just sun block I love Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer sun block. Doesn't leave your face feeling greasy. Is it obvious I love Neutrogena's products?
Another one I love is Perfections sunless tanning spray with bronzers! I think it's safe to say we all look better with a tan. This is a perfect way to stay looking tan with out the UV damage we get from the sun or tanning beds. I spray this on wherever I want to look tan the night before, go to bed, and the next morning I look like I had a day in the sun. People always ask me, but what if it turns me orange? Some cheap brands might, but this kind wont. I tried it out on my friend who has fare skin and she looked awesome! No orange color on fare skin.
Here is another tip. If your skin has gotten dry and flaky over the winter try mixing sugar from your pantry and cooking oil (any kind) together or sugar and body wash. You will want it a little runny, but not too much. This is a great way to exfoliate the dead skin and make your skin soft and fresh. I've tired it both ways and they both work. The only nice thing about using body wash is you'll have a nice smelling mixture and it washes your skin at the same time. You can rub this anywhere on your body and just rinse with water, but PLEASE don't try this if you are ALLERGIC to sugar, oils, or fragrances!!! I would hate it if someone had a reaction! Try it out and tell me what you think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool thanks for the tips!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh where do you get the tanning spray?

Weston and Becky said...

Yes, where do you get the tanning spray? I'm so incredibly white! Good tips!

Scott and Brittany said...

I got it at evolutions day spa on 1600 north in Orem. It came in a kit with an exfoliate, moisturizer, and the sunless spary tan. It cost around $20

Dustin and Arianne said...

hmm....I think we need to have a girls spa night and try out all your tips!

Lisa K said...

I was wondering if you could settle a skin care debate between Joe and me: Which temperature of water is best to wash your face with?

One of us washes with hot water (not scalding by any means, just normal hot) and the other thinks this is damaging to the skin. That same person thinks the water should be lukewarm. I have friends who say cold is the best.

So please clue me in on what is really the best or if it doesn't matter at all!

Shelle said...

Look at you go! I am so happy you decided to become an aesthetician !!!