2.17.2009

Jackson Hole, WY

It's been a year since our last vacation so we packed our bags and went on a road trip to Jackson Hole. This is one of our favorite getaways because there is so much recreation to do in this town year round. My two brothers and their wives came and we all had a blast! The guys were dying to hit new terrain outside of Utah, so the first day they headed off to ski the Tetons while the girls relaxed and did some shopping.

We met up with the boys after for dinner, but took us longer because of a small detour that led us an hour away. Okay, lets be honest, we were too busy talking and we missed the turn off and ended up in Idaho....I know the guys will never let that down! But we made it just in time for our dinner reservations at the Cadillac grill. I had to put this picture in of Holland to show just how cold it was. When we went to dinner it was -12 degrees! It was so cold the poor little guy was frozen and couldn't put his arms down and when you tried he would start to cry. It was so sad, but the funniest thing ever!

The next morning the guys surprised us girls with the best smelling roses and a day shopping around the square for Valentines. On our way there, we saw hundreds of elk feeding just off the side of the road, I've never seen anything like it! Scott told us that farmers pull a big sleigh with hay and drop it off to feed the elk during the cold winter months. We finished our day with pizza and a movie at the cabin...it was the best!

Thanks babe for the best Valentines get away and making every day so much fun!

6 comments:

Candace said...

What a fun Valentine's getaway! A trip away from home is much needed sometimes. How are things? Are you just working? How about the house? Do you love it? I know I'm a slacker, but we really do need to get together for lunch. When are you up in Orem? Let me know.

The Hokanson Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Glad you made it back safe! :)

Weston and Becky said...

That picture of Holland is so funny. Poor little man! Don't worry....we made it up to him. When we got home we gave him a nice long bath. Can you email me that photo? Thanks again for a really fun weekend!

whit said...

wow that looks so dang fun, I'M JEALOUS! wish i could do something like that!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ohhh! how fun! I'm going to visit Tiffani at school tomorrow. I think before she picks up and leaves us we should all try and get together... what do you say?!

Unknown said...

That looks like a blast. I love Jackson Hole. I have had the best vacations up there. I am glad you guys were able to get away.