5.31.2009

summer fav.

Ever since I got Scott his BBQ for his birthday we've been trying out some pretty good recipes and this one is by far one of our favorites. Citrus-Avocado Chicken Breasts Salsa: 2 limes 2 oranges 1 medium grapefruit 1/3 cup red currants 1 werrano chile 1 green onion minced 1 tbl chopped basil 1 tbl chopped cilantro 1 tbl honey Marinade: 2 tbl citrus zest from the salsa 2 tbl honey 1 tbl olive oil 1 tea minced garlic 1 serrano chile 1 tbl chopped basil 1 tbl chopped cilantro 1/2 tea ground cumin 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 2 ripe avocados Marinade chickens 4-8 hrs in the refrigerater BBQ on medium heat until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink in the center add the avocados to your salsa just before serving Serve warm with the salsa I just half everything for the 2 of us and serve with rice. Try it out and tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Kelly and Bryce said...

Hey I have this same recipe and I love it! Did you find it on a blog? I found it on the blog that is on my favorites. It is really good, but I left out the basil, cause I thought it would be better without it.

I got the tickets on Stubhub for Taylor. Which is weird that they were only 90 cause the day before they were 375. So somehow they lowered them the day before the concert

Anonymous said...

Brittany--read These is My Words by Nancy Turner. It's excellent, I would recommend it to anyone. Another that I LOVE is called The Rain Before it Falls by Jonathan Coe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this because it sounds sooooo good! i'll let you know when I try it out :)