12.14.2008

bring it on!

What we thought wasn't going to happen till next week, came a little early for us yesterday here in Spanish Fork....we got 6 inches of beautiful white SNOW!!! This isn't the kind of snow that comes and melts in one day, this snow is here to stay all winter.Let the down pour begin! Scott and I both are lovers of the winter season for so many reasons, but your biggest reason is because of the snow which means skiing!!! I promise Scott knew how to ski before he could walk. He has skied his whole life and a big chunk of that has been up at Sundance. I love hearing about his crazy ski trips with his friends and the coolest jumps he has made in the "pow pow" :) This year Scott will not be joining the Sundance ski patrol. He has worked as a ski patrolmen for 5 years and has made so many good friends and memories along the way. I know he will miss it, but now he can enjoy the season without the injured people. I love going skiing with my man not only because he pushes me to become a better skier, but because I know he is in his happy place when he is flying down the hill at 90 mph and hitting every little kicker along the way and pulling off a big one with a 180,360, front flip, back flip, or kick'n it old school with a daphy. I on the other hand stick to the groomed trails and pray every time I try to go off a little kicker I don't wipe out and make a fool of myself. I grew up skiing when I was 5 being taught by my mom. Just try to picture a rope tied around my moms waist, sending me down the mountain connected to the other end...when I was 5!!! We cant wait to hit the slopes, I just hope I'll be able to keep up with Scott this year.

8 comments:

Lisa K said...

You and Scott are the opposite of Joe and me. We both HATE the snow! It's probably because we're from the South and didn't grow up in it.

The Hokanson Family said...

It actually makes me mad when I think about how good Scott is, because at one point in our lives we were basically on the same level, and then slowly but surely, year by year he passed me up. He is a pretty amazing skier huh? Maybe we can go with you guys sometime. :)

Anonymous said...

maybe you could teach me how to ski... can you imagine a 23 year old being tied to the waist of her friend going down the mountain... That might not end very pretty! haha

Janeen said...

We love the snow too, not cuz we are awesome at skiing though! You guys are too cute.

Anonymous said...

6 inches, ha that's nothing. We got 3 inches and our schools shut down! J/K I'm going to miss Scott working at Sundance too. No more freebees. I'm jealous, I miss good skiing. I'll have to do a ski trip. Love ya

Tamara and Marc said...

I totally remember that Mom would do that. What fun memories. You two will have a blast this winter.

Kelly and Bryce said...

Oh Hi! Im glad you found my blog, I love to find new people! You guys are so cute! Hmmm maybe now that your done with school, I need to come see you! : )

Weston and Becky said...

I sure hope Scott sets some time aside for me...to going skiing/riding with him. I need to get some "action" shots and some crashes so you're more then welcome to join us Brit :)