2.02.2010

36 Weeks

I have some excitings news. I went in for my 36 week check-up today and Dr. Smith said I'm dialated to a 2 and I'm 75% effaced! YEAH! My baby is head down and everything is looking good. She said I could be at this point for a while, so shes not promising I'll come early, but she did say it's really good to be this far just by 36 weeks! Scott couldn't make it to the appointment so the wonderful nurse let me record my little ones heartbeat on my phone so i could send it to him. Were always suprised to hear the heartbeat it's the most amazing sound to us. I've stared my weekly check-ups so I'll keep you posted on the progress were making.

5 comments:

Bryce and Miranda said...

Wow, that is great news. I am excited to hear how it all works out for you. Good luck with everything. My first dr. apt was got to do an ultrasound which was fun but yesterday was my second apt and we got to hear the heartbeat which was a first and like you said, it is the most amazing sound. Thank goodness for technology. Can't wait to meet my new little cousin.

Author said...

Yay! Its such a great feeling when you get to the point you can see you're almost done. Take it easy and enjoy these last few days of not having a baby. Though babies are great, they are a lot of work. At 36 weeks with my first, I was completely effaced and dilated to a 4. I stayed that way until 3 days after my due date.

Chelsea said...

ahhh. don't get your hopes up. I've been at a 4 and 90% since 36 weeks and everyone assured me he would come that night! i'm just sayin'...be patient and don't put your life on hold. she's in charge, just like my little one obviously is!!!

Anonymous said...

OH if you had her early, that would be so nice!! I have butterflies im so excited for you! Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Jay... said...

YAY! That is great news! I am so happy for you guys! You will be such a cute little mommy! I got the invite to your shower! My sister Amanda is getting married Saturday (6th) so i wont be able to make it. But i have something for Shelby so i will call you and we will find a time to meet up before she gets here! (if you are able to make it to my shower on Monday i will give it to you then... if not no worries!!)