2.11.2010

Baby Shower. 37 Weeks

All the girls in my family gave me a baby shower and they went all out! Becky came up with the cutest Asian theme that fit perfectly! I couldn't believe all the detail she put into everything, but than again she is an interior decorator:) We played a game that if you crossed your legs and were cot you were able to take a chop stick from their hair, by the end Jen and Arianne almost had every ones it was so fun. Thanks everyone for the advice, the wonderful gifts, and the best baby shower ever! It was so fun to see all my family and friends.
Yesterday I went in for my 37 week check-up and nothing has changed. I'm still dilated to a 2 and 75-80% effaced. Shelby still has a good strong heartbeat and is head down. I haven't been feeling any contractions lately, but today after my lunch break I totally felt one so hopefully some progress when I go in next week. We're so close for our little one to be here, but 3 weeks seems forever right now. I'm still feeling bigger and bigger each day now especially since shes dropped into my pelvis, but I should be counting my blessings (healthy, can still sleep at night, and am able to work)

7 comments:

Tamara and Marc said...

It was a fun shower and Becky did an awsome job. You look so cute pregnant and you got some great things. It wont be long and you will be holding little Shelby in your arms.

Michelle said...

How fun! I was so sad I couldn't make it. (I had to work) you look so pretty Brit, we're so excited for you!

Shalise said...

Congrats, looks so fun- your such a cute little prego mom.

Chelsea said...

so exciting. cute shower! can't wait to meet the little one and neither can robby!

Lori and David said...

I keep checking your page, excited to hear the big news one of these days. Isn't it wonderful that people are so generous when you are having a baby! It really helps out a lot. Babies are expensive! :)

I was convinced that I would deliver Danielle early. I had progressed way early like you, but everything stayed the same until 3 days after my due date!

But the long wait was worth it. :)

Weston and Becky said...

I'm glad that you had fun! We can't wait for baby Shelby to get here.

Shelly said...

So excited for you!! Coming soon!